Vote For HIW At The eWrestling Experts Topsite

page counter
Web Counters
High Impact Wrestling
March 29, 2024, 01:38:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HIW

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Dave's Blog on NBA / NFL

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dave's Blog on NBA / NFL  (Read 211 times)
Alva
« on: July 22, 2008, 04:09:37 am »

Well, i'll start this from here on out, i won't talk and give my opinion on certain trades unless asked of it, and i guess i'll start with the NBA

NBA
Nets sign Kenyon Dooling- I think this was a retarded move by my hometown nets, seeing how they have harris and williams, two young guards, and with the addition of dooling, i don't see williams being here much longer

NFL
Jason Taylor gets traded to the Redskins for a 2nd and 6th round pick - I like the move, since miami isn't going any where and they have to rebuild their team, it's only fair for them to trade him away. It's good for the redskins too, since two defensive ends got season ending injuries and this time of year there aren't any good players left in the market. In the end, both teams will benefit, though i see miami getting the better deal

Jeremy Shockey gets traded to the saints for a 2nd and 6th round pick - damn man, i was really hoping this would end up to be rumors but i guess shock's arrogant, yet amazing, character will never be seen in a ny uniform. Looking back at the year, he didnt do much, with boss really stepping up, but it's sad to see him leave. Can't say i wont be a fan though, the saints got a proven tight end at a good price. Both teams again will benefit, yet i have the saints getting a much better deal if jeremy doesn't get hurt. Jeremy, you will be missed, but just as time, it will pass. Just do the ny fans a favor and don't catch a td pass in our redzone.

BTW, i'm really interested in anyone's opinion about these, past trades, or even the actual sport of basketball or football. I especially can't wait to see Drake's opinion on the shock trade, since he's a ny fan
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Drake
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 05:50:03 am »

I enjoy the shout out Dave.  Cool

You actually are the first to inform me about the Nets trade I have to say my Basketball knowledge has fallen off as of late. But I do plan to do a bit of research on this move and see what is up, if it does lead to a dismal of  Williams I will be a bit happy. He is too lazy and as of now we need to build up for the move and what is looking to be the addition of James in 2010.

As for the NFL news, I use to be a huge Shockey fan. But he does seem almost injury prone and hasn't been a great help to Eli, without him Eli has shown less nervousness with him not being there. Boss is a good tight end keeps his mouth shut and isn't all fancy like Shockey was. I do enjoy it but rather see my QB play better. With four other tight ends besides Shockey including a rookie I'm not worried about the position and am glad to see we will have more early picks in next years draft. It gives us a nice place to trade and draft better in the following years. Boss may not be all around like Shockey but It really won't be a huge change for the G-men. For the Saints I hope it helps them at least but can't see it making that huge of a impact.   
Report Spam   Logged
Alva
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:19:14 pm »

Update: Marcus williams of NJ traded to the Warriors for a future 1st round pick
- Like many people thought, with the addition of dooling williams became expendable, personally,  i didnt like him or dooling so as long as this doesnt bust in our face, i'll be happy

Update:

I was wrong, the giants get a second and a fifth round pick in 09
Report Spam   Logged
Drake
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 09:41:04 pm »

I didn't even notice the Giants mistake and happy bout getting rid of Williams especially for a first round pick we need them lol. 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

The names of all televised and live programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and wrestling moves and all World Wrestling Entertainment, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, Extreme Championship Wrestling, and Ring of Honor Wrestling and logos are trademarks which are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, Extreme Championship Wrestling, and Ring of Honor Wrestling. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. High Impact Wrestling is not related in any way with WWE.com, TNAwrestling.com, ROHwrestling.com, ECW.com and is in no in way connectioned to WWE, all characters and images are primarily used for fun, and is not profiiting from using WWE, ECW, TNA, and ROH characters and images in anyway. HIW is in no way connected to any other wrestling federations or companies of the same name. Any views of HIW and it's members are not related to the fore-mentioned companies
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum