Vote For HIW At The eWrestling Experts Topsite

page counter
Web Counters
High Impact Wrestling
April 19, 2024, 12:24:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: General Manager: Deka Zukito

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Online Play Killing Games? This Rant Is Courtesy Of RDG!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Online Play Killing Games? This Rant Is Courtesy Of RDG!  (Read 834 times)
Scorpio
HIW Chairman
HIW Hall of Famer

8 Out Of 5 People Have Maths Problems

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2008, 08:34:20 pm »

I was thinking earlier, and I really think that online play is killing the SVR series. The first online play for Smackdown vs RAw appeared in last year's SvR07, and I'm sure you'll agree, that game seriously regressed from what in my opinion was the best SvR game... Smackdown vs Raw 2006.

Last year we saw the 'improvements' in order to help online play, in the concept of the ridiculous weight recognition system. They wanted to stop quick people facing power people, and being able to easily beat them by still being able to do all the big moves. They also decided to put a block on what moves people could do, so someone didn't make a 400lb CAW doing a standing moonsault. This really annoyed me, and this set CAW mode back. CAW is meant to be the idea of making anything you want, realistic or crazy. 06 was so fun making anyone and anything, going mad, and they just ruined it.

Then there's this year. THQ/Jakks realised that the whole over-done weight recognition system (Light Heavyweight can't pick up Heavyweight etc.) so they laxed it so people didn't 'Cheat' by playing as un-reverseable/strikable Khali. Well by hell did they slacken it. They now decided that the weight recognition now wasn't worth it atall, so this year's game sees Kelly Kelly powerboming Khali with relative ease. Yeah, because that's realistic. Anyway, next we have superstar fighting styles. Nice idea, but boy did they screw it up. High Flyer's roll is abused more than kids at Michael Jackson's house, and Fists Of Fury is way overdone. They also messed up the reversal. Now you can't do an Ultimate Control Move until the person's on red as it's so easy to get out of, and diving moves are next to impossible to reverse (another way people abuse it).

CAW mode has got better, but yet again we can't use designs online incase someone were to put a hate message on their CAW. No offence, but what a load of bullshit. The online CAWs look so bland and boring, it's ridiculous. Not to mention people making their CAWs 100, and giving them n00b-sets (movesets comprised of moves which are difficult to reverse) causing yet alot more frustration.

And then they don't even use the online aspect to release new superstars. They just give us the bad aspects of the online. Why must we suffer in the way of gaming just to play online? If THQ and Jakks can't get it right next year this series will be such a joke.There's no reason for no designs, for move restrictions or for noob-friendly features, so why must those of us who actually want to play the game suffer?
Report Spam   Logged

The S-Factor
Chairman of High Impact Wrestling

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Knight
Creative Controller
HIW Main Eventer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 08:36:21 pm »

Hell yes Russ. I don't think there's anything I disagree with there.
Report Spam   Logged

As Mr. Kennedy
20/02/06

As Luke Knight
04/00/02
Kevin Nash
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 12:31:58 am »

One of the many reasons I got rid of SvR, and the un-bearable lag
Report Spam   Logged
Scorpio
HIW Chairman
HIW Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 06:59:40 pm »

But that's your internet.... no one else got it except when we faced you lol
Report Spam   Logged

The S-Factor

Kevin Nash
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:59:44 pm »

Actually, SvR was the only game that lags, I'm fine every other game
Report Spam   Logged
Deka Zukito
General Manager
HIW Hall of Famer

Subtract: 700
Inventory: Coloured Username

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 09:22:25 pm »

SvR 2008 is well known for two things...

**** lag, bad connection ect.
And being a generally boring game that gets old after playing it for a week. (I played it for three days, was quite fun but gradually started to fade in my mind after playing COD at a friends the day after giving it back to Russ. TNA Impact should hopefully, be ok. At least.
Report Spam   Logged

The New Era of HIW - Has Arrived
Kevin Nash
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 10:11:09 pm »

There are reports that Midway is focusing more on Quality, and there may not be online >_>
Report Spam   Logged
Scorpio
HIW Chairman
HIW Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 10:11:48 pm »

There is...
Report Spam   Logged

The S-Factor

Kevin Nash
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 10:13:35 pm »

That isn't what Midway is saying atm
Report Spam   Logged
Deka Zukito
General Manager
HIW Hall of Famer

Subtract: 700
Inventory: Coloured Username

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 10:06:30 pm »

By the way, Smackdown vs Raw 2006 was online...
Report Spam   Logged

The New Era of HIW - Has Arrived
Scorpio
HIW Chairman
HIW Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 10:25:03 pm »

By the way, Smackdown vs Raw 2006 was online...

Yes but not as widely used online as the others, and THQ were new to online concept then
Report Spam   Logged

The S-Factor

Drake
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 10:29:43 pm »

You only talked about one game, one game that has been going down the shitter for some time. What about games like Halo and Warhawk whose main gimmick is the online play. This year Smackdown vs Raw will be a lot better because they can do a lot more then they use to. Xbox 360 and more so PS3 have a lot more storage in the machine so now we will be able to download roster updates and new superstars until the next game comes out, also we will have a lot more online things. So I'm gonna have to disagree with you saying online play is killing games. If anything when it comes to a game like Madden it improves it, and how much fun is it to play games like Halo and Warhawk with friends.
Report Spam   Logged
Saubt
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 10:33:27 pm »

It's funny you mention Halo. Have you ever played Halo online? Half the time you get little kids going "LOL!!! I"M THE BEST LOL!!! NIGGAS!!!! YOUR ARE NIGGAS!!!!!!!(Sorry about being racist, PM if you want this part removed), that's why I don't play Halo in matchmaking once. And Halo has little kids who leave if there getting dominated, which fucks over anything. Halo is only really fun online with friends in custom games. And that's why I like my Team Fortress. Even the little kids who think there cool don't go around flaming everyone
Report Spam   Logged
Scorpio
HIW Chairman
HIW Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 08:43:45 am »

You only talked about one game, one game that has been going down the shitter for some time. What about games like Halo and Warhawk whose main gimmick is the online play. This year Smackdown vs Raw will be a lot better because they can do a lot more then they use to. Xbox 360 and more so PS3 have a lot more storage in the machine so now we will be able to download roster updates and new superstars until the next game comes out, also we will have a lot more online things. So I'm gonna have to disagree with you saying online play is killing games. If anything when it comes to a game like Madden it improves it, and how much fun is it to play games like Halo and Warhawk with friends.

I only discussed SVR because it is wrestling games I'm focusing on
Report Spam   Logged

The S-Factor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

The names of all televised and live programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and wrestling moves and all World Wrestling Entertainment, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, Extreme Championship Wrestling, and Ring of Honor Wrestling and logos are trademarks which are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, Extreme Championship Wrestling, and Ring of Honor Wrestling. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. High Impact Wrestling is not related in any way with WWE.com, TNAwrestling.com, ROHwrestling.com, ECW.com and is in no in way connectioned to WWE, all characters and images are primarily used for fun, and is not profiiting from using WWE, ECW, TNA, and ROH characters and images in anyway. HIW is in no way connected to any other wrestling federations or companies of the same name. Any views of HIW and it's members are not related to the fore-mentioned companies
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum